News media across Texas and the United States have recognized my expertise in water rights and environmental matters. This page lists Mr. McPherson's press releases, and selected articles in which I am quoted.
Mark McPherson's experience with public relations and fielding interviews is invaluable in environmental cases because of the public interest aspect of environmental law. Knowledge of press deadlines, the reputations of reporters and news outlets, and how to respond truthfully and still protect the client are all ways that he navigates public relations for environmental issues in Texas. As such, it helps to hire an attorney who has this very unique experience. To learn more about Mr. McPherson's valuable experience with public relations in Texas, click the links below.
For media relations, please contact:
John Eix at (214) 722-7096
- Mark McPherson Awarded 2011 Weatherbie Workhorse Award, July 8, 2011
News media across Texas and the US recognize Mark McPherson’s expertise and have utilized his expertise in numerous news articles and news stories, including the following:
- “Oil’s Growing Thirst for Water,” Wall Street Journal, December 6, 2011
- “Hydrofracking in the Spotlight", San Angelo Standard Times, July 13, 2011
- “Controversy Swirls Around Water Bill at Hearing", Lubbock Avalance-Journal, April 6, 2011
- “The Metroplex at the Water’s Edge”, Headnotes, Dallas Bar Assoc., September, 2008
- “Real Estate Law” legislative update, Texas Bar Journal, September, 2007
- “The Border”, Texas Lawyer, August 15, 2005
- “Legislative Review 2005: Real Estate, Probate and Trust,” Texas Lawyer, June 13, 2005
- “Happy Birthday Schimelpfenig,” Plano Star Courier, June 15, 2000 Mark McPherson, President of the Plano Library Foundation, leads Schimelpfenig Library’s 20th birthday party, unveiling a painting by Jean Godfrey commissioned by the Foundation
Below you will find articles, press conferences, and audio interviews about the Sandbranch Project:
- "Meet the Attorney Working to Bring Running Water to a Dallas Community," Kera News, April 4, 2016.
- "Agencies to Discuss Sandbranch Water Access," WFAA, March 21, 2016.
- "Agencies Meet to Discuss Sandbranch Solutions," WFAA, March 22, 2016
- "Sand Branch Water War: Dallas Town Fighting for Running Water," CW33, March 21, 2016.
- "Sand Branch Community A Step Closer to Clean Water," CBS DFW, March 21, 2016.
- "Waiting on Water: Meeting Held for Sand Branch Water Crisis," CW33, March 22, 2016.
- "Plans Solidifying to Fix Issues in Sandbranch," WFAA, April 27, 2016.
- "Sand Branch Attorney Says Community Not Asking Dallas County for Money," CBS, May 4, 2016.
- "Bringing Water to Sandbranch Isn't the Answer to Helping People There," Dallas Morning News, July 26, 2019.