ENVIROPINIONS® Real Estate Email Discussion Group
At McPherson Law Firm PLLC, our attorney is the owner and manager of the ENVIROPINIONS® Real Estate Email Discussion Group. This group provides a place for lawyers, lending professionals, and anyone involved in real estate business to communicate and share resources. They contribute thoughts, tools, recent news, and information about real estate for the purpose of improving legal skills, enhancing client services, and building communal knowledge.
Through this discussion group, subscribers can keep up with current events and both ask and answer questions about difficult topics. It was inspired by an email discussion group on probate and estate planning topics by Glenn Karisch, author of www.texasprobate.com. This tool has been an invaluable resource for Attorney McPherson, and creating ENVIROPINIONS® was a way to provide the same opportunities for others.
How Does It Work?
This discussion group is not intended for lay persons or those looking for specific investments. Subscribers must be Texas attorneys, judicial personnel, academicians, and other professionals actively involved in commercial real estate. They send messages to one email address, and all other subscribers automatically receive the message.
Topics of posts may include matters related to:
- Purchase or sale
- Title issues
- Zoning, land use, and development
- Commercial construction
- New cases and statutes
Here are a few examples of appropriate posts:
- "I need a referral for a title company/environmental firm/surveyor in El Paso."
- "I am curious as to how our others are going to change their advice to their clients in light of House Bill 123 [or the recently decided case of ___]?"
- "Has anyone had to value a ranch with fractional interests and if so, what sort of discount did you use?"
- "I have a matter going before the City of Plano's board of adjustment; is anyone familiar with its members?"
- "Does anyone know what City of Dallas zoning category a tile and coping supply yard is in?"
- Prohibited Posts. Business solicitations, direct advertising, employment notices, posts seeking employment, spam, unsolicited bulk E-mail, and posts with attachments are all prohibited.
- Permissible Posts. Announcements of the new addresses or web sites of list members, announcements of new publications (on the web or otherwise) or upcoming speeches on relevant legal topics, and requests for information about commercial real estate attorneys or professionals who practice in a different part of the state or country are permitted.
- Subject Line. Please make your subject line for each post as specific as possible (e.g. "Need referral in Tyler")
- Identification. In each post, include your full name, the name of your firm or business, your city, and your position. Non-attorneys who post to the list should clearly include that fact in their posts. Subscribers shall not impersonate any person or communicate under a false or unauthorized name.
- Plain text posts. Please send messages in plain text format (i.e. not enhanced or HTML format) unless absolutely necessary.
- Non-confidentiality of postings. All postings to the list and all responses to postings are non-confidential. All subscribers to this list shall be free to copy, print, reproduce, use, disclose, or distribute any of the information that is set forth in such responses, provided that proper credit is given to the source of the same.
- Private Replies to Posts. If a reply will be irrelevant to the list members, please respond to the poster privately off-list. Reserve reply posts to the list to those that will benefit the entire community.
- Do Not Rely on Postings. Do not rely on the correctness or accuracy of any posting to the list. Postings to the list are general discussions and do not constitute legal advice. List members should make every effort to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matters that are covered. However, the list owner does not monitor or review such information for accuracy or appropriateness, nor does the list owner determine if the subscribers who are submitting postings are who they say they are or that they are engaged in the business of rendering of legal, accounting, or other professional advice or services. The content of this list is provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, to the extent such exclusions are permitted by law. The content of this list may from time to include technical inaccuracies or typographical error, and changes may be made to its content from time to time without notice.
- List owner. Mark McPherson of McPherson LawFirm, PC, Dallas, Texas, is the owner and manager of the Enviropinions Real Estate E-mail Discussion Group. This list is provided at his cost, and he reserves the right to make decisions about the list.
To subscribe to the Commercial Real Estate Email Discussion Group, send a blank Email by clicking here. To unsubscribe to the Commercial Real Estate Email Discussion Group, send a blank Email by clicking here.